Chiropractic Care For Children
CHIROPRACTIC CARE FOR KIDS IN Portland, OR
Chiropractic practices are based on the principle that “diseases are often caused by subluxations of the vertebrae, which cause an interruption of nerve impulses. Correction of these subluxations allows the body to heal by itself”. As a parent, you may consider the use of alternative therapies in the treatment of your children. Children can also benefit from chiropractic therapy for the treatment of musculoskeletal conditions. It is important to know the importance of taking your child to a chiropractor. Chiropractic care can benefit your child in various ways, from improved behavior to better sleep.
Let’s find out more about pediatric chiropractic care.
What is Pediatric Chiropractic?
Children’s bodies are dynamic as they are constantly growing. The alignment of the spine is very important for proper development. Chiropractic care works well for children as it can ease their tensed muscles which may be the cause of misaligned spine or subluxation. This condition leads to other health conditions and physical issues. For example, in colicky conditions, chiropractic care can correct the subluxation reducing the discomfort of the child causing crying. Similarly, in certain spine conditions, improper curvature or injuries, chiropractic care can be beneficial being non-invasive. As Chiropractic care for children requires a different set of skills, a chiropractor who treats children will have undergone specialized training for the same.
HOW CAN I TELL IF MY CHILD NEEDS CHIROPRACTIC CARE?
A growing child can benefit from chiropractic massage as this therapy can help correct any misaligned spinal curvatures and help the spine grow in a proper way. Most commonly, children fall and get hurt. Chiropractic care can be very helpful in injuries as it works to align the spine and joints, and fix the root cause of the issue. So if your child is injured, you can consult a chiropractor for a non-invasive resolution.
Chiropractic care can also help optimize body functions like improving sleep, alleviating mood by relieving tension, and improving behavior. It can help to strengthen immunity if a child is suffering from cold or infections.
Childhood Conditions a Chiropractor Can Help Treat
Childhood Chiropractic care isn’t new, and it has proven to be quite effective in addressing various disorders in children.
- Insomnia and bed-wetting: By relieving stress, chiropractic care can improve sleep.
- In children with ADHD, improve their mood and attitude by releasing tension.
- Alleviates Headaches.
- Persistent crying or fussiness due to colic pain: chiropractic care eases the discomfort causing the crying.
- Earaches or infections.
- Trouble during breastfeeding.
- Behavioral changes.
- Also treat asthma, allergies, and other respiratory issues.`
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Children
The benefits of taking your child to the chiropractor are:
- Helps with the colic pain by relieving the pain and discomfort.
- Alleviates gas build-up in the stomach if any.
- Promotes better concentration, improves focus, and reduces hyperactivity in ADHD.
- Can treat asthma, allergies, and other respiratory issues.
- Helps with behavioral and attitude changes in children with Autism spectrum disorders.
- By relieving stress, chiropractic care can improve sleep and prevent bedwetting.
- It can help a child suffering from a cold or infection and improve their immune functions.
- Beneficial with Difficulty in breastfeeding, Seizures, Constipation, Torticollis, etc.
- Prevents certain nervous system issues like ear infections.
Safe Pediatric Chiropractic from LAURELHUrST CHIROPRACTIC
At Laurelhurst Chiropractic, we have certified pediatric chiropractors with several years of experience and a high success rate.
Chiropractic care for children at Laurelhurst Chiropractic is a very safe practice that involves very gentle processes. Most of our pediatric patients fall asleep during this because of the gentle nature.
Some of our chiropractic techniques for children include the following:
- Spinal mobilization
- Sacro-occipital technique
- Spinal manipulation therapy
- Touch and hold technique
- Activator instrument technique
- Drop piece table
Is Chiropractic Care Really Safe for Kids?
Yes. There have been various studies on the safety and efficacy of chiropractic practices in children. However, Chiropractic care for children requires a different set of skills. Hence, a chiropractor who treats children will have undergone specialized training for the same to administer chiropractic care safely to a child.
“Chiropractic care for children is one of the safest and least invasive forms of healthcare available.” -Claims Chirofutures, a leading malpractice insurance company.
HOW Lairelhurst CHIROPRACTIC CAN HELP WITH CHIROPRACTIC CARE FOR CHILDREN IN Portland, OR
Laurelhurst Chiropractic is the top chiropractic clinic in Portland for chiropractic care for children. Dr. Phil McCary and Dr. Danielle McCary are highly rated chiropractors in Portland and specializes in treating various ailments in children such as neck pain, back pain, etc with chiropractic care. They have been practicing for over 10 years in Portland.
Laurelhurst Chiropractic serves the following cities:
- Oregon City
- Lake Oswego
- West Linn
Call us today for the best chiropractic care for children.