Common Football Injuries in Portland - Laurelhurst Chiropractic
At our chiropractic clinic in Portland, we are loving this time of year! The gorgeous weather, the symbolic changes, and yes:
Of course, as much as we love the sport, our staff has seen plenty of athletes suffer from common injuries on the field. To this end, Drs. McCary and McCary are proud to offer comprehensive football injury treatment in Portland for players of all ages and ability levels.
As a chiropractor in Portland, both Dr. Phil McCary and Dr. Danielle McCary have treated many common football-related injuries, including:
- Concussions: mild traumatic brain injuries caused by forceful impact and/or jarring to the skull, concussions can cause headaches, irritability, insomnia, and mental fogginess; they often present with an acceleration-deceleration injury to the neck called whiplash, which can cause neck stiffness, neck pain, shoulder pain, ringing in the ears, and numbness and tingling in the arms and hands
- Shin Splints: known clinically as medial tibial stress syndrome, a shin splint is a painful condition caused by damage and inflammation to the muscles and connective tissue on the front of the lower legs, often brought on by overuse
- Knee Ligament Sprains & Tears: damage to the ligaments within and around the knee joint is common in football, especially the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and medial collateral ligament (MCL); this injury often occurs due while sprinting, pivoting, and jumping
Proper rest, training, and early treatment are all critical for the healthy footballer—as well as chiropractic care in Portland. Here’s why:
- It offers drug-free and non-invasive pain relief, thus helping you avoid side effects
- It helps trigger your body’s innate healing ability, thus maximizing outcomes
- It can resolve underlying causes of pain—including spinal misalignments, muscle inflammation, impaired neuromotor activation, postural and muscular imbalances, and reduced blood flow—thus preventing recurrence
At our clinic, sports injury treatment in Portland provides these and other beneficial effects through a combination of chiropractic adjustments, acupuncture, massage therapy, Kinesio tape, nutritional counseling, and more—all fully customized to meet the individual athlete’s needs.
Are you looking for a chiropractor for athletes who can help the sports stars in your household? Contact Laurelhurst Chiropractic to schedule an appointment with a chiropractor in Portland OR today. We’ll be accepting new patients throughout football season, so don’t hesitate to call! Our number is (503) 234-4288.