Dr. Phil McCary
Laurelhurst Chiropractic Portland, OR 97214
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Dr. Phil McCary was a chiropractic patient long before he ever thought of becoming a Doctor of Chiropractic. His first adjustment was before he can remember, but the story goes like this. His father had a severe lower back injury that made it impossible for him to work on the family farm. He had sought the advice of many doctors with no answers until being referred to the local small town Chiropractor. Dr. Phil was only a few months old and had been constipated for about one week. Dr. Phil’s father was telling the chiropractor about this at one of his visits and the doc said, “Let me take a look at him.” She performed a few gentle adjustments and the little family headed out. By the time they made it home Dr. Phil’s little baby Osh-Kosh overalls where overflowing, the flood gates were open!
- Years of experience: 11 years
ADVANCED STUDIES AND ASSOCIATIONS
Dr. Phil McCary attended the University of Western States where he met his future wife, Dr. Danielle McCary. Dr. McCary continued to be a chiropractic patient all the way through university.
They took over Laurelhurst Chiropractic in 2014, but the clinic was founded in 1996. They believe the clinic has barely begun to reach its potential!
- Trauma Qualified – Cleveland University,Kansas City.
- Hospital-Based Spine Care Qualified – ACCME and Cleveland University, Kansas City
- Oregon Chiropractic Association
- American Chiropractic Association (ACA)
- American Academy of Pain Medicine
- ACA Council for Diagnostic Imaging
- ACA Council for Forensic Sciences
- ACA Council for Neurology
- ACA Council for Occupational Health
Chiropractic Techniques Used
- Impulse Adjuster
- Flexion / Distraction
OUTSIDE OF THE OFFICE
Dr. Phil McCary is avid athlete. He competed as a sprinter and 400m hurdler for the University of Washington. He feels like regular adjustments were a huge part of keeping him healthy and allowing him to compete against athletes that were much more physically talented.